Interest Plus Checking Account
Interest Plus Checking
Earn a competitive rate of interest on your entire collected balance with Peoples Bank’s Interest Plus Checking account1.
When you open an Interest Plus Checking account, you’ll receive a $25 monthly credit for the first 6 statement cycles following the account opening for up to $150 total.* To be eligible for the bonus during each statement cycle, you must:
• Be enrolled in eStatements as of the end of the first statement cycle
• Have 1 or more direct deposit transactions
• Have 5 or more debit card purchases debited from your account during a statement cycle (excludes ATM transactions)
Interest Checking Account Benefits
✔Free annual supply of checks2
✔Online banking and mobile app, including check deposit3
✔Overdraft protection options5
Avoid a $10 cycle maintenance charge with any one of the following:
• Maintain a minimum daily balance of $2,500 or more per statement cycle6
• Have an active related enrolled secured consumer loan7
• Contact your local banker for the current Annual Percentage Yield8
• Open with a $25 minimum deposit
• Please provide your name, current residential address (P.O. boxes are only permitted for correspondence, not account opening), SSN or TIN, date of birth and a valid, government-issued ID at the time of account opening
• Enroll in eStatements to avoid a $2 paper statement fee
*Limited time offer. Rates and offer dates subject to change without notice and offer may be withdrawn at any time. Fees may reduce earnings on the account. A minimum $25 is required to open an account. Limited to one new checking account per customer. Offer is considered interest and will be reported on IRS Form 1099-INT (or 1042-S, if applicable).
1Qualifications to earn interest are the same as to waive cycle maintenance fee.
2Limited to one folio of complimentary checks per year and includes shipping and handling.
3There is no charge to download the Peoples Mobile app, but standard rates and fees may apply from your wireless carrier.
4Users must be at least 18 years of age. Zelle and Zelle-related marks are wholly owned by Early Warning Services, LLC, and are used herein under license.
5Certain qualifications and fees may apply based on the type of protection selected.
6Qualification occurs at the end of processing three (3) days prior to the current statement date. Cycle to Date (CTD) Minimum Balance is the minimum ledger balance between the first day of the statement period through the current date.
7Any active related secured consumer loan can only be enrolled in one qualification package at a time.
8Rate may change after the account is opened.