About PeoplesMedia Center Investor Relations Privacy & Security Contact Us Find a Location
- August 10 - Peoples Bank is honored to receive the Peak Performance Award from the Newcomerstown, Ohio Chamber of Commerce. The Peak Performance Award is given to a business that has been recognized in their profession with outstanding quality, service and results that stand out in the Cahmber's service area.
- August 7 - Peoples Bank and Limestone Bank today announced all former Limestone Banks are now officially rebranded as Peoples Bank.
- August 2 - Congratulations to Jackson, Kentucky Branch Manager, Lindsey Wolfe. for being recognized as the Best Manager and Best Loan Officer in The Jackson-Breathitt County Times-Voice Best of the Best 2023 Contest.
- July 27 - We are thrilled to share Limestone Bank received the Readers' Choice Award from Hart County Kentucky's News-Herald.
- July 26 - Peoples Bank was voted Best Bank, Best Home Mortgage and Peoples Insurance Agency was voted Best Insurance Company in Paintsville Herald's 2023 Best Between The Lakes Contest in Paintsville, Kentucky. Congratulations to Kristi Adams for being voted Best Banker, Darla Sands for Best Teller and Heather Wilder for Best Boss.
- July 25 - This morning we announced our second quarter 2023 results and declared a quarterly dividend.
- July 22 - We are thrilled to announce we are the Marietta Times Readers' Choice winner for Best Bank for the fourth consecutive year! Peoples Bank won in the following categories: Best Bank, Best Loan Service, and Best Mortgage Company.
- July 15 - Peoples Bank announces $2,500,000 pledge to Memorial Health Foundation for its new Women and Children’s Hospital building at its Belpre, Ohio Campus. The pledge will be payable over 10 years beginning in 2023.
- July 12 - We are honored to be recognized by Energage for the second year in a row as one of the Top Workplaces in the financial services industry for 2023!
- July 11 - Today we announced Peoples Bank President and Chief Executive Officer, Chuck Sulerzyski, will retire effective March 31, 2024. Chuck has served as President and Chief Executive Officer since April 2011. Under his leadership, Peoples has grown from $1.8 billion in total assets as of March 31, 2011, to approximately $8.8 billion in total assets following Peoples’ merger with Limestone Bancorp Inc. on April 30, 2023.
We also announced today that Tyler Wilcox will become the next President and Chief Executive Officer of Peoples Bank, effective April 1, 2024. Tyler, who has been with Peoples since 2008, will serve in the position of Senior Executive Vice President, Chief Operating Officer, in a transitional role and succeed Chuck upon his retirement. Tyler has served in a variety of executive positions with Peoples over his 15 years with the company. Since October 2020, he has served as Executive Vice President, Community Banking, where he has been responsible for Peoples’ business lines.
- July 10 - Peoples Bank associates donated $84,085 to local food banks and pantries across the Peoples Bank footprint in the first half of 2023. Since the "Jeans for Hunger" program began in April 2020, Peoples Bank associates have donated $421,001 to local food banks and pantries.
- June 30 - Congratulations to Madison, West Virginia Branch Manager Stacie Garcia for being recognized as the Madison Rotary "Co-Rotarian of the Year".
- June 28 - Peoples Bank was voted the Best Bank in Floyd County Chronicle's "Best of the Best" in Floyd County, Kentucky. This is the third year in a row we have received this honor. Also, Peoples Insurance Agency won Best Insurance Agency for the second year in a row and Universal Banker Operations Specialist Shannen Young won Best Teller.
- June 27 - Peoples Bank was voted the Best Bank in Appalachian News Express' Best in the Valleys Contest in Pikeville, Kentucky. Peoples Insurance Agency won Best insurance Agency for the third year in a row. Congratulations to Tom Adkins for winning Best Teller and Barry Clark for winning Best Insurance Agent.
- June 25 - Peoples Bank has been named a Top Workplace in cleveland.com and The Plain Dealer Top Workplaces 2023! This award is based on feedback from an employee engagement survey and is our 4th award in the last 5 years.
- June 15 - Peoples Bank SVP and Regional Manager, Ashley Brown, is named to West Virginia News/The State Journal's Generation Next Class of 2022.
- June 12 - Peoples Bank was named as one of the 2023 Best Employers in Ohio. The annual list of the Best Employers in Ohio was created by Best Companies Group in partnership with Crain’s Cleveland Business and Crain’s Content Studio-Cleveland.
- June 7 - Peoples Bank has been named a 2023 Top Workplace in Greater Cincinnati by Cincinnati Enquirer and Cincinnati.com.
- May 30 - Stow-Munroe Falls (Ohio) Chamber of Commerce announced that the Business of the Year for the City of Munroe Falls is Peoples Bank. This recognition is awarded to a business who exemplifies excellence, leadership and community support or service in Munroe Falls.
- May 1 - In October 2022, we announced Limestone Bank’s plan to become part of Peoples Bank, and today we welcome their team members, clients and communities. “We are delighted to complete this combination with Limestone,” said Chuck Sulerzyski, Peoples Bank President and Chief Executive Officer, “We look forward to welcoming Limestone employees to become part of the Peoples team, and we are excited to introduce our array of products, services, and additional locations to clients in the Limestone communities.” Limestone’s 20 branches throughout Kentucky will operate initially as a division of Peoples Bank. We will convert Limestone branches to Peoples Bank branches after the close of business on August 4, 2023. After Limestone branches convert to Peoples Bank branches, Peoples Bank will have 132 branch locations to serve our clients, including more than 40 in Kentucky. Read the press release.
- April 25 - This morning we announced our first quarter 2023 results and declared a quarterly dividend.
- April 17 - Peoples Bank associates donated $24,000 to local food banks and pantries across the Peoples Bank footprint in the 1st quarter of 2023. Since the "Jeans for Hunger" program began in April 2020, Peoples Bank associates have donated $360,916 to local food banks and pantries.
- April 13 - Peoples Bank is named by Ohio Treasurer, Robert Sprague, as a Compass Award honoree for the second quarter of 2023. Peoples Bank is being recognized for regularly assisting Ohio school districts in bringing solid financial literacy curriculum to students and for our commitment to helping Ohio’s young people prepare for a healthy financial future. In January 2020, Treasurer Sprague launched the Compass Awards to recognize the organizations and individuals across Ohio who are working to advance financial literacy and empowerment.
- April 10 - Peoples Insurance Agency won Gold for Best Insurance Agency from Mountain Top Media's (Pikeville, Kentucky) Best in the Mountains 2023 contest. Peoples Bank won Silver for Best Bank and Peoples Insurance Agent Barry Clark won Silver for Best Insurance Agent.
- April 1 - North Star Leasing, a division of Peoples Bank, celebrates its second anniversary with Peoples Bank.
- March 21 - Peoples Bancorp 2022 Annual Report is available on our Investor Relations page
- March 7 - Vantage Financial, LLC. celebrates its first anniversary with Peoples Bank
- March 1 - "Working Together, Building Success” is our tag line and our way of life. Last year, we celebrated our 120th anniversary with 120 Acts of Kindness. Over the course of 2022, we saw tangible impacts made across our communities through our associates and greater PEBO family. This year, we want to continue that impact in our communities by showing the many different ways we are #PositivelyPEBO. Visit our Facebook or Instagram pages to stay up to date with our #PositivelyPEBO stories.
- February 27 - Peoples Bank Foundation awarded over $700,000 in grants in scholarships in 2022. The 2022 Peoples Bank Foundation Annual Report is now available.
- February 6 - Peoples Bank celebrates its 121 year anniversary, continuing its vision to be the Best Community Bank in America.
- February 1 - Peoples Bank was a 2023 recipient of Top Workplaces USA national award. This is the second year in a row Peoples Bank has received the award. This award celebrates nationally recognized companies that make the world a better place to work together by prioritizing a people-centered culture and giving employees a voice. The Top Workplaces USA award is based entirely on feedback from an employee engagement survey completed by the employees of participating workplaces.
- January 24 - This morning we announced our fourth quarter 2022 results and declared a quarterly dividend.
- January 22 - Peoples Bank was recently recognized by MasterCard as a winner of the “Doing Well By Doing Good Award”. This award is presented to organizations that demonstrate a unique and meaningful approach in leveraging strategies that have positive impacts on local communities. This is the third time in four years Peoples Bank has received the award for making a difference and doing well by doing good in the communities we serve.
- January 13 - Peoples Bank and Peoples Bank Theatre announced an agreement to extend the naming rights for Peoples Bank Theatre through 2035. The theatre located on 222 Putnam St. in Marietta has been named Peoples Bank Theatre since 2015. The original naming rights agreement with Peoples Bank was set to expire in 2025. The ten year naming right extension is in exchange for a $600,000 Peoples Bank contribution to the Theatre.
- January 13 - We are excited to share that Peoples Bank associates donated $27,381 to food banks and pantries across the Peoples Bank footprint in the 4th quarter of 2022. Since the "Jeans for Hunger" program began in April 2020, Peoples Bank associates have donated $336,915 to local food banks and pantries.
- January 1, Coshocton, Ohio - Peoples Investment Services announced today that Shane Pyle, Raymond James Certified Financial Advisor, is now officially part of Peoples Investment Services. Shane will begin moving his office from 524 Main Street in Coshocton to Peoples Bank’s office at 200 Main Street during the summer of 2023.
- December 13 - The Peoples Bank Foundation has awarded $670,828 in grants in 2022. The fourth quarter grant cycle included grants awarded to 24 organizations. Please visit Peoples Bank's social media channels throughout the rest of December and January to learn more about each grant. The Robert Evans Scholarship fund awarded $42,000 in scholarships in 2022.
- November 28 - Peoples Bank Foundation announces donations totaling more than $165,000 to over 100 charitable organizations this holiday season. Purpose of these donations is to help provide food security and other basic needs during the holidays to individuals and families in the communities served by Peoples Bank.
- November 18 - Peoples Bank is proud to be recognized by Newsweek as one of America's Best Banks 2023. Peoples Bank received the award for the 2023 Best Small Bank in Ohio. Best Bank winners were selected from among 4,800 financial institutions.
- November 17 - Peoples Bank announces our participation in the Btech Consortium, which launched today. The Btech Consortium is a strategic technology partnership between U.S. community banks, Elizabeth Park Capital Management, and Strandview Capital. The mission of the Btech Consortium is to empower community banks to compete more effectively with larger money-center banks, decrease their constraints due to legacy technology, and serve their local communities better.
- November 15 - We are honored to be recognized by American Banker as a Best Bank To Work For in 2022. This is the second year in a row we have received this honor and we are one of only 90 banks to receive the award in 2022.
- October 30 - Peoples Bank has been named The Herald-Dispatch "Best in The Tri-State 2022" Best Bank in Boyd County, Kentucky and Lawrence County, Ohio. This is the fourth year in a row we have been named Best Bank in Boyd County and the third in a row in Lawrence County. Additionally, Peoples Insurance Agency has been named Best Insurance Company in Boyd County, Kentucky for the second year in a row!
- October 29 - Peoples Bank was recognized by The Ironton Tribune (Lawrence County, Ohio) as a Best Bank as part of their 2022 Best of the Tri-State contest.
- October 25 - We are thrilled to announce we have entered into an agreement to acquire Limestone Bancorp, Inc. ("Limestone") (NASDAQ: LMST). Limestone, through its community bank subsidiary and 226 associates, operates 20 branches in 14 counties in Kentucky. Upon completion of the Merger, the combined company will have 150 locations in Ohio, West Virginia, Kentucky, Maryland, Virginia and Washington, D.C. The acquisition is expected to close during the second quarter of 2023, subject to the satisfaction of customary closing conditions, including regulatory approvals and the approval of the shareholders of Peoples and Limestone.
- October 25 - This morning we announced our third quarter 2022 results and declared a quarterly dividend.
- October 17 - We are excited to share that Peoples Bank associates donated $24,610.50 to food banks and pantries across the Peoples Bank footprint in the 3rd quarter of 2022. Since the "Jeans for Hunger" program began in April 2020, Peoples Bank associates have donated $309,360 to local food banks and pantries.
- October 6 - The Peoples Bank Foundation has awarded $405,282 in grants in the first three quarters of 2022. The third quarter grant cycle included grants awarded to 30 organizations. Please visit Peoples Bank's social media channels throughout the month of October to learn more about each grant.
- September 30 - We are excited to share we have completed over 120 Acts of Kindness, celebrating our 120th anniversary in 2022. We finished the month at 124 Acts of Kindness and have more planned for October. Thank you for supporting us for 120 great years!
- September 19 - This week marks the one year anniversary of Premier Bank and Citizens Deposit Bank employees and clients officially joining Peoples Bank. We are celebrating the milestone with 35 ribbon cuttings in our newly remodeled locations. This week, 29 of those ribbon cuttings will occur in Kentucky, West Virginia, Ohio and Virginia.
- September 8 - Peoples Bank made a donation of $21,656 to the Foundation for Appalachian Kentucky to help with their Eastern Kentucky flood relief efforts. The total includes donations made at our branches and Peoples Bank's $10,000 match. Thank you all that made a donation!
- August 31 - Peoples Bank held a ribbon cutting of its remodeled location in Richmond, Virginia. This ribbon cutting is the first of 35 in the next month, celebrating the one year anniversary of the former Premier Bank and Citizens Deposit Bank becoming Peoples Bank.
- August 22 - Peoples Bank launches a brand new online and mobile banking experience.
- August 12 - We are excited to share we have completed 100 out of the 120 Acts of Kindness, celebrating our 120th anniversary in 2022.
- July 29 - Southeastern Kentucky has endured historic flooding over the last several days, devastating many communities in the area. In an effort to help those affected, Peoples Bank will match up to $10,000 in donations made to the Appalachian Crisis Aid Fund, housed at Foundation for Appalachian Kentucky. If you donate, please mention "Peoples Bank match" in the "Additional notes" section.
- July 29 - Peoples Bank is very proud to have been voted Best Bank in Marietta, Ohio for the third straight year by the readers of the Marietta Times.
- July 26 - Peoples Bank is honored to announce we have received the following awards in Johnson County, Kentucky as part of Paintsville Herald's Best Between the Lakes contest: Best Mortgage Loans, Best Banker-Heather Wilder and Best Teller-Elizabeth Pierce. Additionally, Peoples Insurance Agency was voted Best Insurance Agency.
- July 26 - Peoples Bank announces our second quarter 2022 results and declared a quarterly dividend.
- July 18 - Today we held ribbon cuttings in Inez, Louisa and Pikeville, Kentucky to officially celebrate Peoples Insurance Agency’s growth and commitment to Eastern Kentucky. Back in April, Elite Agency, Inc. officially became part of Peoples Insurance Agency, expanding the number of clients, employees and locations of Peoples.
- July 18 - We are so thankful by the support from our local communities in the wake of the Floyd County, Kentucky tragedy a few weeks ago. Together, we have raised $51,330 in donations to support the affected families.
- July 13 - We are honored to be recognized today by Energage as one of the Top Workplaces in the financial services industry for 2022. Peoples Bank is one of only 30 companies that have between 1,000 and 2,499 employees to be recognized in our industry.
- July 12 - We are excited to share that Peoples Bank associates donated $26,769.50 to food banks and pantries across the Peoples Bank footprint in the 2nd quarter of 2022. Since the "Jeans for Hunger" program began in April 2020, Peoples Bank associates have donated $284,749.50 to local food banks and pantries.
- July 1 - Peoples Bank has setup an account for donations to help those impacted by the tragic event last evening in Floyd County, Kentucky. The account is titled “Floyd County Fallen Hero Fund” and Peoples Bank is matching the first $10,000 in donations. If you would like to contribute, please stop by any Peoples Bank location and make a donation. 100% of the proceeds will go to those impacted by the tragedy
- June 29 - Peoples Bank was voted "Best of the Best" by the Floyd County (Kentucky) Chronicle readers. Peoples Insurance Agency was also voted Best Insurance Agency. And a special congratulations to Shannen Young for being voted Best Bank Teller for a second year in a row!
- June 28 - Peoples Bank is honored to win the "Best in the Valleys" award two years in a row! Appalachian News-Express readers in Pikeville, Kentucky voted Peoples Insurance Agency as the Best Insurance Agency and Peoples Bank as the Best Loan Company.
- June 21 - 60 Acts of Kindness have been completed as part of our 120 Acts of Kindness campaign in celebration of our 120th anniversary.
- June 17 - The Peoples Bank Foundation is proud to announce a $150,000 pledge to Appalachian Partnership, Inc, payable over the next three years. Appalachian Partnership, Inc.'s mission is to build enduring, widely-shared prosperity across Appalachian Ohio by building the private sector business economy and organizing a strong business voice for issues impacting the region’s economy.
- June 16 - Peoples Bank CFO, Kathryn Bailey, is named to West Virginia News/The State Journal's Generation Next Class of 2022.
- June 9 - Peoples Bank Foundation awarded $144,532 in grants to 26 non-profit organizations as part of the second quarter 2022 grant cycle. Be on the lookout in June and July for the sharing of the grants on Peoples Bank's social media.
- May 12 - 30 Acts of Kindness have been completed as part of our 120 Acts of Kindness campaign in celebration of our 120th anniversary.
- May 2 - We are excited to share that Peoples Bank associates donated almost $25,000 to food banks and pantries across the Peoples Bank footprint in the 1st quarter of 2022. The donations were made to Roane County Helping Hand, Inc. in Spencer, WV, Mid-Ohio Foodbank in Columbus, Ohio, God's Pantry FoodBank in Lexington, KY, and Feed More in Richmond, Virginia. Since the "Jeans for Hunger" program began in April 2020, Peoples Bank associates have donated $257,980 to local food banks and pantries.
- April 26 - We announced our first quarter 2022 results and declared a quarterly dividend.
- April 6 - Peoples Bank Foundation announced that it awarded 28 grants for a total of $158,000 in the first quarter of 2022 to local 501(c)(3) organizations. View images and learn more on Peoples Bank's Facebook page.
- April 1 - Peoples Insurance Agency and Elite Agency, Inc. announced today that Elite Agency, Inc. is now a part of Peoples Insurance Agency. The Elite Agency, Inc. opened its doors in 1989 as a small corporation in Inez, KY. Since that time, The Elite Agency, Inc. has expanded to five locations throughout eastern Kentucky, serving thousands of clients. Elite Agency, Inc. will remain at their existing locations in Inez and Louisa, which will be rebranded as Peoples Insurance Agency. The Paintsville, Pikeville and Prestonsburg Elite Agents and Account Representatives will move into existing Peoples locations in those towns.
- March 31 - North Star Leasing, a division of Peoples Bank, celebrates its first anniversary with Peoples Bank
- March 17 - Peoples Bancorp 2021 Annual Report is available on our Investor Relations page
- March 9 - Peoples Bank Foundation in 2021 awarded over $600,000 in grants and scholarships. Read our annual report.
- March 7 - Peoples Bank President & CEO, Chuck Sulerzyski, received the Marietta Area Chamber of Commerce (MACC) Business Leader of the Year Award. He was presented the award at the MACC's 107th Annual Dinner.
- March 7 - Peoples Bancorp Inc. ("Peoples") (NASDAQ: PEBO) announced today that its wholly owned subsidiary, Peoples Bank, has acquired Vantage Financial, LLC ("Vantage"), a nationwide provider of equipment financing headquartered in Excelsior, Minnesota. Vantage offers mid-ticket equipment leases primarily for business essential information technology equipment across a wide-array of industries and had lease assets of approximately $147 million as of December 31, 2021.
- February 16 - Peoples Bancorp Inc. announced today that its wholly owned subsidiary, Peoples Bank, has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire Vantage Financial, LLC, a nationwide provider of equipment financing headquartered in Excelsior, Minnesota.
- February 16 - The Peoples Bank Foundation raised $23,000 since the beginning of February for the Joe Burrow Hunger Relief Fund as a thank you for the post season ride. This brings the total amount of Peoples Bank Foundation donations to Joe Burrow Hunger Relief Fund to $28,000 so far in 2022.
- February 15 - Peoples Bank has donated $100,000 to Junior Achievement (JA) to roll out a semester-long financial literacy program in five areas across Ohio at no cost to the partner high schools.
- February 8 - Peoples Bank today announced it will be delivering 120 Acts of Kindness across its footprint in 2022 in celebration of its 120th anniversary.
- February 6 - Peoples Bank celebrates its 120th anniversary today.
- February 1 - Peoples Bank was a 2022 recipient of Top Workplaces USA national award. This award is from Energage, a technology company that empowers workplace excellence. Energage's employer recognition program recognizes organizations across the country that have built exceptional workplace cultures. Peoples Bank was one of 1,100 organizations recognized for people-first cultures.
- January 29 - The Cincinnati Bengals play in the AFC Championship tomorrow. A native of Southeast Ohio, Bengals QB Joe Burrow, has been instrumental in highlighting the issue of food insecurity in Southeast Ohio and raising money to help those in need. Peoples Bank was one of the initial three corporate sponsors of the Joe Burrow Hunger Relief Fund, donating $30,000 in the first year of the fund. Peoples Bank Foundation is proud to announce a donation of $5,000 to the Joe Burrow Hunger Relief Fund at the Foundation For Appalachian Ohio to thank Joe and the team for this amazing postseason ride.
- January 25 - We announced our fourth quarter and annual results for 2021 and declared a quarterly dividend.
- January 7 - Peoples Bank associates directly donated $25,491 to nine foodbanks across the Peoples Bank footprint in the fourth quarter of 2021. Peoples Bank associates donated a total of $116,995 to local foodbanks in 2021. Since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic (April 2020), Peoples Bank associates have donated a total of $233,050 to local foodbanks.
- December 21 - Peoples Bank Foundation today announced a donation of $52,897 to Kentucky Bankers Relief Fund. This fund is a non-profit set up to provide immediate relief to tornado impacted communities with 100% of all funds received. The total amount of this donation is the combined effort of Peoples Bank employees, third party partners and the Peoples Bank Foundation.
- December 7 - Peoples Bank was awarded the 2021 Business of the Year Award by the Belpre Area Chamber of Commerce and Ashley Brown, Peoples Bank Regional Manager, received the Business Person of the Year Award.
- November 30 - Peoples Bank Foundation announced it is donating over $150,000 to local food pantries and United Way affiliates across its footprint in Ohio, West Virginia, Kentucky, Virginia, Washington D.C. and Maryland.
- November 8 - Peoples Bank made the American Banker Best Banks to Work For 2021 list. Peoples Bank is only of only 90 banks nationwide to make the list.
- November 5 - Peoples Bank was awarded the 2021 Economic Impact Award by the Meigs County, Ohio Chamber of Commerce for its efforts assisting Businesses with Small Business Administration Paycheck Protection Program loans.
- November 4 - Peoples Bank was recognized as Business of the Year by the Floyd County, Kentucky Chamber of Commerce. This award was for disaster relief efforts (volunteer time and monetary donations) during the flood this past March. Peoples Bank was also recognized for our response to COVID-19, assisting small businesses obtain PPP loans that helped keep payroll funding throughout the pandemic.
- November 2 - Peoples Bank presented a pledge of $1,000,000 to Marietta College to enhance and facilitate the merger between the Department of Business & Economics and the McDonough Center for Leadership and Business. As a proud partner with Marietta College, Peoples Bank is excited to continue its support of growth and development in the Marietta community.
- November 1 - Peoples Bank has been named The Herald-Dispatch "Best in The Tri-State 2021" Best Bank in Boyd County, Kentucky and Lawrence County, Ohio. This is the third year in a row we have been named Best Bank in Boyd County and the second in a row in Lawrence County. Additionally, Peoples Insurance Agency has been named Best Insurance Company in Boyd County, Kentucky.
- October 26 - Peoples Bancorp Inc. (Nasdaq: PEBO) today announced results for the three and nine months ended September 30, 2021 and declared a quarterly dividend.
- October 15 - As a preferred Small Business Administration (SBA) lender, Peoples Bank is proud to report that we ranked Top 5 in Ohio, Top 10 in West Virginia and Top 15% nationally in terms of SBA 7(a) approved dollars for fiscal year ending September 30, 2021.
- October 14 - Peoples Bank associates directly donated $24,812 to nine foodbanks across the Peoples Bank footprint in the third quarter of 2021. Since January, Peoples Bank associates have donated a total of $91,504 to local foodbanks. Since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic (April 2020), Peoples Bank associates have donated a total of $207,734 to local foodbanks.
- September 30 - Peoples Bank matched the first $20,000 donated during the month of September to Mountaineer Food Bank. With over $22,000 donated by individuals, a total of over $42,000 was raised to celebrate 40 years of Mountaineer Food Bank's mission of feeding West Virginia's hungry.
- September 17 - Peoples Bancorp Inc. ("Peoples") (Nasdaq: PEBO), parent company of Peoples Bank, announced that it has completed its acquisition of Premier Financial Bancorp, Inc. ("Premier") (Nasdaq: PFBI) and Premier's wholly-owned subsidiaries, Premier Bank, Inc. ("Premier Bank") and Citizens Deposit Bank & Trust, Inc. ("Citizens"). The completed acquisition included the mergers of Premier Bank and Citizens into Peoples Bank. As a result, Premier's 49 office locations throughout Kentucky, Maryland, Ohio, Virginia, West Virginia and Washington D.C., will operate as offices of Peoples Bank.
- September 16 - Peoples Bank was recently recognized by MasterCard as a winner of the “Doing Well By Doing Good Award”. This award is presented to organizations that demonstrate a unique and meaningful approach in leveraging strategies that have positive impacts on local communities.
- September 1 - Peoples Bank and Mountaineer Food Bank kicked off Hunger Action month with an announcement of a matching campaign where Peoples Bank will match total donations up to $20,000 with a goal to raise at least $40,000 for Mountaineer Food Bank's 40th anniversary.
- August 28 - Peoples Bank paid for all fares on the Sistersville Ferry in Sistersville, WV. Peoples Bank associates greeted and notified ferry patrons that their ride would be covered by Peoples Bank.
- August 17 - Peoples Bank announced a $250,000 pledge to the Ohio Valley Museum of Discovery in Athens, Ohio. The donation will support the development of the museum’s new permanent location. The Ohio Valley Museum of Discovery is a hands-on discovery museum that is committed to creating educational opportunities for children and youth in Southeast Ohio.
- August 13 - Peoples Bank and Peoples Bank Foundation announced a total donation of $25,000 to Boys & Girls Clubs of Washington County. The funds will be used to assist with the construction of a new gymnasium, as well as a renovation of an educational room.
- July 30 - Peoples Bank received 2021 Marietta Times Reader's Choice Award for Best Bank
- July 29 - Peoples Bank received 2021 Paintsville Herald Best Between the Lakes Award for Best Loan Company and Best Mortgage Company
- July 20 - Peoples Bancorp announced second quarter results and declared a quarterly dividend. Read more.
- July 16 - Peoples Bank associates directly donated $32,705 to nine foodbanks across the Peoples Bank footprint in the second quarter of 2021. Since January, Peoples Bank associates have donated a total of $66,692 to local foodbanks.
- July 1 - Peoples Bank Foundation awarded $196,900 in grants for the first six months of 2021.
- June 30 - Peoples Bank is thrilled to be voted Best Bank, Best Mortgage Company, and Best Loan Company by the Floyd County Chronicle in Kentucky. Also, Peoples Bank associates Shannen Young and Rocky Crisp were named Best Bank Teller and Best Banker, respectfully.
- June 29 - Appalachian News-Express readers voted Peoples Insurance Agency the Best Insurance Company in Pikeville, Kentucky. Also, Peoples Bank was voted the Best Loan Company and the Best Place to Work in Pikeville. And Tom Adkins won the Best Bank Teller in Pikeville.
- June 27 - For the 3rd year in a row, Peoples Bank has been recognized as a Top Workplace by cleveland.com and the Cleveland Plain Dealer.
- June 24 - Peoples Bank was recognized as a Forbes Best-In-State Bank for the second year in a row! Peoples Bank placed #2 overall in both West Virginia and Ohio.
- June 10 - Peoples Bank has been named a 2021 Top Workplace in Greater Cincinnati by Cincinnati Enquirer and Cincinnati.com.
- May 16 - Peoples Bank voted as the Best Financial Institution in the Mid-Ohio Valley as part of Clutch MOV’s Readers’ Choice contest.
- May 5 - Peoples Insurance Agency and Justice & Stamper Insurance Agency announced today that Justice & Stamper Insurance Agency is now part of Peoples Insurance Agency. Justice & Stamper Insurance Agency will remain at their existing location at 5445 N Mayo Trail in Pikeville and be rebranded as Peoples Insurance Agency.
- April 20 - Peoples Bancorp Inc. announces first quarter 2021 results and declares quarterly dividend.
- April 1 - We are excited to introduce and welcome North Star Leasing Company to Peoples Bank. Our newest team is based in Burlington, Vermont and has 42 employees. North Star Leasing serves the entire country with specialized lease solutions. Learn more at northstarleasing.com
- March 29 - We are thrilled to announce we have entered into an agreement to acquire Premier Bank, Inc. and Citizens Deposit Bank & Trust. We expect to complete the acquisition in the third quarter of 2021. Read the press release: https://bit.ly/2QEAjJg
- March 4 - Peoples Bank is proud to announce it was able to support local businesses with over $132 million in SBA Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) loan applications from January 19, 2021 through February 26, 2021.
- March 3 - Peoples Bank wants to support our Eastern Kentucky community and neighbors in response to the recent flooding. We have donated $5,000 to the Appalachian Crisis Aid Fund at the Foundation for Appalachian Kentucky. For those directly impacted by the flooding, Peoples Bank offers a disaster relief unsecured loan up to $5,000 for homeowners and $2,500 for renters. If you are in need, call your local Peoples Bank branch to inquire about this loan today. Read press release.
- January 26 - Peoples Bancorp Inc. announces 4th quarter and annual results for 2020 and declares quarterly dividend.
- January 8, 2021 - Peoples Bank announces its employees donated $116,055 to local food banks in 2020
- December 26 - Peoples Bank received the Parkersburg News and Sentinel Readers Choice Award for Best Mortgage and finished runners up for Best Bank.
- December 18 - At a press conference held Friday, December 18, Peoples Bank President and CEO Chuck Sulerzyski, announced a $100,000 dollar Matching Gift to the Memorial Health Foundation for Memorial Health System for COVID-19 Relief. Read the press release.
- October 25 - The Herald-Dispatch (Huntington, WV) readers voted Peoples Bank as the Best Bank in Boyd County, Kentucky and Lawrence County, Ohio.
- October 20 - Peoples Bancorp Inc. announces quarterly net income and declares quarterly dividend.
- October 16 - Peoples Bank received a 2019 Top 10 Lender of the Year award from U.S. Small Business Administration Columbus District Office.
- October 15 - Peoples Bank announces the Peoples Bank Foundation has donated $493,360 to over one hundred 501(c)(3) organizations within the Peoples Bank footprint so far in 2020.
- October 1 - Peoples Bank new Chief Financial Officer, Katie Bailey, started her role officially today.
- September 1 -Peoples Bank became the first bank in Ohio to get a USDA B&I CARES Act Loan approved. This program was enacted to support rural businesses, including agricultural producers, with a loan to be used as working capital to prevent, prepare for or respond to the economic impacts of the coronavirus pandemic.
- August 19 -The SBA Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) loan application period closed on August 8. Peoples Bank is proud we were able to provide support to 3,898 businesses with 500 million in loans authorized.
- July 31 - Peoples Bank received the Marietta Times Readers Choice Awards for Best Bank and Best Mortgage. Peoples Bank finished as runners up for Best Insurance Agency and Best Employer.
- July 24 - Today in Prestonsburg, Kentucky, the Peoples Bank Foundation announced a $20,000 donation to God’s Pantry Food Bank. The donation amount is enough to provide 160,000 meals. Read more.
- July 21 - Peoples Bancorp Inc. (Nasdaq: PEBO) announced results for the quarter ended June 30, 2020.
- July 09 - Joe Burrow and Peoples Bank announced today that Peoples Bank donated $25,000 to the Joe Burrow Hunger Relief Fund, an endowment fund at the Foundation for Appalachian Ohio to support the Athens County Food Pantry’s mission to fight food insecurity in Athens County. Read the press release.
- July 02 - Peoples Bank announces it assisted 3,688 businesses with $488 million in SBA Paycheck Protection Program loan authorizations as of June 30, 2020.
- July 01 - Peoples Bancorp Inc. ("Peoples") (NASDAQ: PEBO), parent company of Peoples Bank, announced today that Rich Vaughan has been promoted to Executive Vice President. He will continue to lead the retail network, business banking, and the government guaranty program of Peoples Bank. Read more.
- June 28 - For the 2nd year in a row, Peoples Bank has been recognized as a Top Workplace by cleveland.com and the Cleveland Plain Dealer!
- June 25 - Peoples Bank has been recognized as the number one bank in West Virginia as part of Forbes\' annual list of America\'s Best-In-State Banks and Credit Unions 2020. Read More.
- May 20 - Peoples Bank Foundation donates 200,000 meals to Facing Hunger Foodbank, based in Huntington, West Virginia. Facing Hunger Foodbank supports 17 counties in West Virginia, Northeastern Kentucky and Southeastern Ohio. Read More, or watch announcement.
- May 18 - FIS and Peoples Bank Foundation donates a total of $37,500 to the Freestore Foodbank, based in Cincinnati, Ohio. Freestore Foodbank supports 20 counties in the Greater Cincinnati Tri-State area. Read More.
- May 18 - Read Bank Director article on how Peoples Bancorp prevailed through SBA Paycheck Protection Program loans.
- May 13 - Watch virtual check presentation of $25,000 from Peoples Bank Foundation to Foundation for Applachian Ohio COVID-19 Emergency Response Fund. Read more.
- May 08 - Watch virtual check presentation of $175,000 from Peoples Bank Foundation, FIS, JobsOhio and Joe Thomas & Andrew Hawkins of the ThomaHawk show to Children\'s Hunger Alliance (CHA). CHA is an Ohio statewide nonprofit dedicated to feeding food-insecure children during the COVID-19 pandemic. Read press release.
- April 24 - Read about Peoples Bank\'s $250,000 donation to the Peoples Bank Foundation, Inc. to combat COVID-19, primarily to fight hunger across Kentucky, Ohio and West Virginia.
- April 21 - Peoples Bank partners with JobsOhio to provide financial support to small business clients impacted by COVID-19.
- April 01 - In order to support our associates during the COVID-19 pandemic, Peoples Bank took the following actions:
- Enabled remote work capabilities for associates as appropriate
- Created assistance programs for associates including paying for unexpected childcare and/or elder care, paying for associates that need to quarantine or are not feeling well for an extended period of time
- Made a donation of $100,000 to our employee assistance program
- Activated an Immediate Response Program to provide expedited funds to associates in need
- Associates at the level of Assistant Vice President and below received $500 stock award