Media Center Investor Relations Contact Us Find a Location
- September 17 - Peoples Bancorp Inc. ("Peoples") (Nasdaq: PEBO), parent company of Peoples Bank, announced that it has completed its acquisition of Premier Financial Bancorp, Inc. ("Premier") (Nasdaq: PFBI) and Premier's wholly-owned subsidiaries, Premier Bank, Inc. ("Premier Bank") and Citizens Deposit Bank & Trust, Inc. ("Citizens"). The completed acquisition included the mergers of Premier Bank and Citizens into Peoples Bank. As a result, Premier's 49 office locations throughout Kentucky, Maryland, Ohio, Virginia, West Virginia and Washington D.C., will operate as offices of Peoples Bank.
- September 1 - Peoples Bank and Mountaineer Food Bank kicked off Hunger Action month with an announcement of a matching campaign where Peoples Bank will match total donations up to $20,000 with a goal to raise at least $40,000 for Mountaineer Food Bank's 40th anniversary.
- August 28 - Peoples Bank paid for all fares on the Sistersville Ferry in Sistersville, WV. Peoples Bank associates greeted and notified ferry patrons that their ride would be covered by Peoples Bank.
- August 17 - Peoples Bank announced a $250,000 pledge to the Ohio Valley Museum of Discovery in Athens, Ohio. The donation will support the development of the museum’s new permanent location. The Ohio Valley Museum of Discovery is a hands-on discovery museum that is committed to creating educational opportunities for children and youth in Southeast Ohio.
- August 13 - Peoples Bank and Peoples Bank Foundation announced a total donation of $25,000 to Boys & Girls Clubs of Washington County. The funds will be used to assist with the construction of a new gymnasium, as well as a renovation of an educational room.
- July 30 - Peoples Bank received 2021 Marietta Times Reader's Choice Award for Best Bank
- July 29 - Peoples Bank received 2021 Paintsville Herald Best Between the Lakes Award for Best Loan Company and Best Mortgage Company
- July 20 - Peoples Bancorp announced second quarter results and declared a quarterly dividend. Read more.
- July 16 - Peoples Bank associates directly donated $32,705 to nine foodbanks across the Peoples Bank footprint in the second quarter of 2021. Since January, Peoples Bank associates have donated a total of $66,692 to local foodbanks.
- July 1 - Peoples Bank Foundation awarded $196,900 in grants for the first six months of 2021.
- June 30 - Peoples Bank is thrilled to be voted Best Bank, Best Mortgage Company, and Best Loan Company by the Floyd County Chronicle in Kentucky. Also, Peoples Bank associates Shannen Young and Rocky Crisp were named Best Bank Teller and Best Banker, respectfully.
- June 29 - Appalachian News-Express readers voted Peoples Insurance Agency the Best Insurance Company in Pikeville, Kentucky. Also, Peoples Bank was voted the Best Loan Company and the Best Place to Work in Pikeville. And Tom Adkins won the Best Bank Teller in Pikeville.
- June 27 - For the 3rd year in a row, Peoples Bank has been recognized as a Top Workplace by cleveland.com and the Cleveland Plain Dealer.
- June 24 - Peoples Bank was recognized as a Forbes Best-In-State Bank for the second year in a row! Peoples Bank placed #2 overall in both West Virginia and Ohio.
- June 10 - Peoples Bank has been named a 2021 Top Workplace in Greater Cincinnati by Cincinnati Enquirer and Cincinnati.com.
- May 16 - Peoples Bank voted as the Best Financial Institution in the Mid-Ohio Valley as part of Clutch MOV’s Readers’ Choice contest.
- May 5 - Peoples Insurance Agency and Justice & Stamper Insurance Agency announced today that Justice & Stamper Insurance Agency is now part of Peoples Insurance Agency. Justice & Stamper Insurance Agency will remain at their existing location at 5445 N Mayo Trail in Pikeville and be rebranded as Peoples Insurance Agency.
- April 20 - Peoples Bancorp Inc. announces first quarter 2021 results and declares quarterly dividend.
- April 1 - We are excited to introduce and welcome North Star Leasing Company to Peoples Bank. Our newest team is based in Burlington, Vermont and has 42 employees. North Star Leasing serves the entire country with specialized lease solutions. Learn more at northstarleasing.com
- March 29 - We are thrilled to announce we have entered into an agreement to acquire Premier Bank, Inc. and Citizens Deposit Bank & Trust. We expect to complete the acquisition in the third quarter of 2021. Read the press release: https://bit.ly/2QEAjJg
- March 4 - Peoples Bank is proud to announce it was able to support local businesses with over $132 million in SBA Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) loan applications from January 19, 2021 through February 26, 2021.
- March 3 - Peoples Bank wants to support our Eastern Kentucky community and neighbors in response to the recent flooding. We have donated $5,000 to the Appalachian Crisis Aid Fund at the Foundation for Appalachian Kentucky. For those directly impacted by the flooding, Peoples Bank offers a disaster relief unsecured loan up to $5,000 for homeowners and $2,500 for renters. If you are in need, call your local Peoples Bank branch to inquire about this loan today. Read press release.
- January 26 - Peoples Bancorp Inc. announces 4th quarter and annual results for 2020 and declares quarterly dividend.
- January 8, 2021 - Peoples Bank announces its employees donated $116,055 to local food banks in 2020
- December 26 - Peoples Bank received the Parkersburg News and Sentinel Readers Choice Award for Best Mortgage and finished runners up for Best Bank.
- December 18 - At a press conference held Friday, December 18, Peoples Bank President and CEO Chuck Sulerzyski, announced a $100,000 dollar Matching Gift to the Memorial Health Foundation for Memorial Health System for COVID-19 Relief. Read the press release.
- October 25 - The Herald-Dispatch (Huntington, WV) readers voted Peoples Bank as the Best Bank in Boyd County, Kentucky and Lawrence County, Ohio.
- October 20 - Peoples Bancorp Inc. announces quarterly net income and declares quarterly dividend.
- October 16 - Peoples Bank received a 2019 Top 10 Lender of the Year award from U.S. Small Business Administration Columbus District Office.
- October 15 - Peoples Bank announces the Peoples Bank Foundation has donated $493,360 to over one hundred 501(c)(3) organizations within the Peoples Bank footprint so far in 2020.
- October 1 - Peoples Bank new Chief Financial Officer, Katie Bailey, started her role officially today.
- September 1 -Peoples Bank became the first bank in Ohio to get a USDA B&I CARES Act Loan approved. This program was enacted to support rural businesses, including agricultural producers, with a loan to be used as working capital to prevent, prepare for or respond to the economic impacts of the coronavirus pandemic.
- August 19 -The SBA Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) loan application period closed on August 8. Peoples Bank is proud we were able to provide support to 3,898 businesses with 500 million in loans authorized.
- July 31 - Peoples Bank received the Marietta Times Readers Choice Awards for Best Bank and Best Mortgage. Peoples Bank finished as runners up for Best Insurance Agency and Best Employer.
- July 24 - Today in Prestonsburg, Kentucky, the Peoples Bank Foundation announced a $20,000 donation to God’s Pantry Food Bank. The donation amount is enough to provide 160,000 meals. Read more.
- July 21 - Peoples Bancorp Inc. (Nasdaq: PEBO) announced results for the quarter ended June 30, 2020.
- July 09 - Joe Burrow and Peoples Bank announced today that Peoples Bank donated $25,000 to the Joe Burrow Hunger Relief Fund, an endowment fund at the Foundation for Appalachian Ohio to support the Athens County Food Pantry’s mission to fight food insecurity in Athens County. Read the press release.
- July 02 - Peoples Bank announces it assisted 3,688 businesses with $488 million in SBA Paycheck Protection Program loan authorizations as of June 30, 2020.
- July 01 - Peoples Bancorp Inc. ("Peoples") (NASDAQ: PEBO), parent company of Peoples Bank, announced today that Rich Vaughan has been promoted to Executive Vice President. He will continue to lead the retail network, business banking, and the government guaranty program of Peoples Bank. Read more.
- June 28 - For the 2nd year in a row, Peoples Bank has been recognized as a Top Workplace by cleveland.com and the Cleveland Plain Dealer!
- June 25 - Peoples Bank has been recognized as the number one bank in West Virginia as part of Forbes\' annual list of America\'s Best-In-State Banks and Credit Unions 2020. Read More.
- May 20 - Peoples Bank Foundation donates 200,000 meals to Facing Hunger Foodbank, based in Huntington, West Virginia. Facing Hunger Foodbank supports 17 counties in West Virginia, Northeastern Kentucky and Southeastern Ohio. Read More, or watch announcement.
- May 18 - FIS and Peoples Bank Foundation donates a total of $37,500 to the Freestore Foodbank, based in Cincinnati, Ohio. Freestore Foodbank supports 20 counties in the Greater Cincinnati Tri-State area. Read More.
- May 18 - Read Bank Director article on how Peoples Bancorp prevailed through SBA Paycheck Protection Program loans.
- May 13 - Watch virtual check presentation of $25,000 from Peoples Bank Foundation to Foundation for Applachian Ohio COVID-19 Emergency Response Fund. Read more.
- May 08 - Watch virtual check presentation of $175,000 from Peoples Bank Foundation, FIS, JobsOhio and Joe Thomas & Andrew Hawkins of the ThomaHawk show to Children\'s Hunger Alliance (CHA). CHA is an Ohio statewide nonprofit dedicated to feeding food-insecure children during the COVID-19 pandemic. Read press release.
- April 24 - Read about Peoples Bank\'s $250,000 donation to the Peoples Bank Foundation, Inc. to combat COVID-19, primarily to fight hunger across Kentucky, Ohio and West Virginia.
- April 21 - Peoples Bank partners with JobsOhio to provide financial support to small business clients impacted by COVID-19.
- April 01 - In order to support our associates during the COVID-19 pandemic, Peoples Bank took the following actions:
- Enabled remote work capabilities for associates as appropriate
- Created assistance programs for associates including paying for unexpected childcare and/or elder care, paying for associates that need to quarantine or are not feeling well for an extended period of time
- Made a donation of $100,000 to our employee assistance program
- Activated an Immediate Response Program to provide expedited funds to associates in need
- Associates at the level of Assistant Vice President and below received $500 stock award