Zelle® - a fast, safe and easy way to send money in minutes1 to your friends and family, right from the Peoples Mobile Banking app. Zelle makes it easy to send money to or receive money from people you trust - no matter where they bank2.
Zelle® is fast.
Send money directly from your account to theirs - typically in minutes1.
Zelle® is safe.
Send or receive money right from your Peoples Bank Mobile app.
Zelle® is easy.
Send money to almost anyone you know using just an email address or U.S. mobile phone number.
Avoiding Digital Payment Scams
Scammers try to pose as people or businesses you know and may even appear to be your bank, a utility, a phone provider, or family and friends. Stay vigilant with these tips for playing it safe with Zelle®.
- Only send money to those you trust: Zelle® should only be used with friends, family and others you trust. Why? Because you can’t cancel a payment once it’s been sent, if the recipient is already enrolled with Zelle®. And if you send money to someone you don’t know, or you do not get what you expected, you may not get your money back.
- Treat Zelle® like cash: While Zelle® and cash are certainly different, both provide the recipient with fast access to the money you send. With Zelle®, money is sent directly into the enrolled recipient’s bank account within minutes. And again, once you authorize a payment to be sent, you can’t cancel it if the recipient is already enrolled with Zelle®.
- Beware of payment scams: If an offer sounds too good to be true, it probably is. For example, a stranger selling online concert tickets at a steep discount and insisting you pay with Zelle® may be a scam. Neither Peoples Bank nor Zelle® offers a protection program for authorized payments, so pay it safe. Only send money to people you personally know and trust.
- Confirm your recipient's contact information: Make sure you have the correct U.S. mobile phone number or email address for the person you want to send money to. When in doubt, contact your friend to double check. If you authorize a payment to be sent to the wrong person, you may not get your money back.
Peoples Mobile Banking App with Zelle®
COMPLETE ACCOUNT CONTROL
Find Zelle in your mobile app
- Login securely with Touch ID/Face ID/Passcode (Apple) or Fingerprint ID/Face Recognition/Passcode (Android).
- Select "Menu"
- Click "Send Money with Zelle®"
- Enroll with your U.S. mobile number and email address to get started.
Select someone from your mobile device's contacts (or add a trusted recipient's email address or U.S. mobile phone number), add the amount you'd like to send and an optional memo, review, then hit "Send."
Send your friend a request and a way to pay you back directly with Zelle®. Just enter their U.S. mobile phone number or email address, the amount they owe you, and hit send (if your friend isn't enrolled yet, you can only send a request using their email address). When your friend responds, the money will appear in your Peoples Bank account.
Zelle® makes it easy to quickly split the bill with a built-in calculator. Just tap the 'split' button, select the people in your group and enter the total amount you want to split. Zelle® sends a request to everyone for their share (if your friend isn't enrolled yet, you can only send a request using their email address)